Our School Vision
Dewhurst St Mary C of E is committed to nurturing learners who think creatively and achieve their potential reflecting our core values of independence, confidence and respect.
Dream Believe Achieve
Our School Values
Our Spirituality Vision
Our school vision of spirituality is about our relationships, love and respect for ourselves, our family, friends, those around us, God and all of creation.
We teach British Values through SMSC ( spiritual, moral, social and cultural) development and through the curriculum which we do through following the Jigsaw scheme.
- the rule of law
- individual liberty
- mutual respect for and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs and for those without faith
- Spiritual- Explore beliefs and experience; respect faiths, feelings and values; enjoy learning about oneself, others and the surrounding world; use imagination and creativity; reflect.
- Moral- Recognise right and wrong; respect the law; understand consequences; investigate moral and ethical issues; offer reasoned views.
- Social- Use a range of social skills; participate in the local community; appreciate diverse viewpoints; participate, volunteer and cooperate; resolve conflict; engage with the ‘British values’ of democracy, the rule of law, liberty, respect and tolerance.
- Cultural- Appreciate cultural influences; appreciate the role of Britain’s parliamentary system; participate in culture opportunities; understand, accept, respect and celebrate diversity.
For more information: