- Sports Premium 2021-2022 (325.46KB)
- Sports Premium 2020-2021 (1.08MB)
- Sports Premium 2019-2020 (534.70KB)
- Sports Premium Key Indicators (1.94MB)
- Reception Learning (987.48KB)
- PE Whole School Long Term Plan (746.62KB)
Why do we teach PE?
At Dewhurst St Mary, we deliver a high-quality physical education curriculum that inspires all pupils to succeed and excel in competitive sport, as well as physically-demanding activities. We aim to provide opportunities for pupils to become physically confident in a way which supports their health and fitness. We provide opportunities to compete in a variety of sports and other physical activities, which build character and help to embed values such as fairness and respect. We use the 5 key indicators from the Sports Premium Initative to assess, plan and improve PE provision. Governors regularly look at the impact of the spending and evaluate the effectiveness.
The national curriculum for physical education aims to ensure that all pupils:
- develop competence to excel in a broad range of physical activities
- are physically active for sustained periods of time
- engage in competitive sports and activities
- lead healthy and active lives
At Dewhurst St Mary we deliver our high quality teaching and learning through the GetSET4PE Scheme of work. This scheme allows us to build the children’s physical skills and knowledge of healthy life styles from Reception to Year 6.
‘Physical education, the only subject that makes your heart race’ Author unknown